Gucci Lip Colour in 204 Peggy Taupe makes an excellent everyday lipstick with its taupe rosewood color. I can imagine this lipstick would be one of my choices for my office makeup look. I’ve been working from home since the beginning of lockdown, so I just use it for video meetings, which is the same fate of all my makeup. 😂
The Gucci Rouge à Lèvres Mat lipstick range comes in a beautiful gold-colored casing. It has some heft to it that it’s hard to tell if it’s made of plastic. The lipstick inside would probably be protected should it take a fall, but I doubt the casing would be free of any damage.
Among all my lipsticks, this is the most beautiful and classy-looking.
Peggy Taupe applies and feels creamy, but the finish is definitely matte. It’s not transfer-proof yet doesn’t easily come off either. It can last through a coffee or two. ☕
As mentioned earlier, Peggy Taupe is a taupe rosewood color. In the tube, the lipstick looks browner, but on my lips, it’s pinker.
I only dislike its floral scent. The scent fades away at some point, but sometimes I can taste it, and I do not like that at all.
Peggy Taupe would look great with any look. For my first time using the lipstick, I paired it with yellow gold eyeshadow on the lids using the Dior 5 Couleur Wild Earth palette in 696 Sienna.
Should you want to recreate the look, there are many eyeshadow palettes with a similar color story. Full list of products I used:
- Hourglass MineraI Veil Primer
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster in BB 2 Light
- Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer
- Maybelline White Superfresh SPF 34 PA+++ in 03 Natural
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Coconut Mist
- Dior All-in-Brow 3D Backstage Pros in 01 Brown
- Dior 5 Couleurs Wild Earth in 696 Sienna
- L’Oreal Very Different Unlimited Mascara Waterproof
- Decorté Powder Blush in BE300 Natural Beige
- NARS Talia Contour Blush
- Gucci Lip Colour in 204 Peggy Taupe